Sunday, January 15, 2017

Nick Mackman - Ceramic Dogs

This is Nick Mackman. He creates ceramic dogs + other animals.

He creates pieces with wonderful personality and detail. Whenever he is planning to create a ceramic
Springer Spaniel Sculpturemodel, he puts a lot of thought into deciding the correct position and angle. Once he has decided his details, he takes a close look into the texture and thickness of the coat of the animal. Then he scales out his pattern to glaze.





Each one of his pieces is in the range of 13" - 25". Making it easy to mold, but harder to put realistic details into. I respect how much time and talent it must take to create something so precious as these things are.



I appreciate the way he poses his artwork in a white back room area, because I think it brings out the detail more, and it allows you to imagine what location this dog was in, rather than a given backround, which tells you where the dog is already located.







Image result for Nick Mackman
Nick Mackman creates all different types of animals, not only dogs. If you would like to look at the others, this is his website:  http://nickmackmansculpture.co.uk/





And below is an image of her in the process of creation.
Nick Mackman Dog Sculpture
Each of his pieces is an individual. Am I the only one who can't stop waiting for them to blink?














Related image











2 comments:

  1. My appologies about the layout! I went to post it and it went all wonky. I tried to fix it, but it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My appologies about the layout! I went to post it and it went all wonky. I tried to fix it, but it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete