Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Plaster Pieces


  •  This artist is named  Garret R. Odenwelder.



  • He creates plaster pieces and other media. 



  • However, his plaster pieces were not too common, but those that I happen to come across caught my eye.







  • These two photos to the right were the two pieces that caught my eye when I was searching for my artist. 

  • I like there pieces because I feel like they show a lot of emotion. It is interesting to see all of them at different angles, I feel like it shows how it is 3Dementional rather than being up against a wall. Because when the pieces bend over, it leaves you to think what the purpose of that action was.

  • When I was taking a close look at pieces, I realised that these are the same sculptures in each photo... Am I the only one who realised?




2 comments:

  1. It must have taken a while to do the full body plaster, just your face took a whole class.I really like the format to your blog its easy to sort through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The format of your blog is so neat. It also makes me wonder why one of the sculpture is bending forward a little.

    ReplyDelete